Our Top 10 Recommendations for Japanese Knives
Up-to-date pricing and reviews for Japanese knives on the market
SaleBestseller No. 1
Shun Classic 8” Chef’s Knife with VG-MAX Cutting Core and Ebony PakkaWood Handle; All-Purpose Blade for a Full Range of Cutting Tasks with Curved Blade for Easy Cuts; Cutlery Handcrafted in Japan
- VG-MAX steel is a formula exclusive to Shun with extra tungsten for a sharper edge, more chromium for corrosion resistance and additional cobalt and carbon for strength and durability
- Handle is ebony PakkaWood; PakkaWood is a hardwood infused with resin for a durable, water resistant finish, perfect for easy cleaning and tough enough for constant use
- For proper slicing, push the knife forward and down while cutting through food and then pull it up and back, repeating the process in a “locomotive” motion; this prevents chipping for smooth cuts
- “Shun” the Japanese word indicates a food’s peak ripeness; Shun draws on its Japanese roots and traditional blade-making practices to produce knives that perform excellently
- The 8-inch Chef’s Knife is a staple kitchen utensil and a great gift for newlyweds, homeowners, parents, grandparents, cooks, aspiring chefs, hostesses or to keep as a personal kitchen tool
SaleBestseller No. 2
FAMCÜTE 8 Inch Professional Japanese Chef Knife, 3 Layer 9CR18MOV Clad Steel w/octagon Handle Gyuto Sushi Knife for Home Kitchen & Restaurant
- 100% from Japan's High Quality Steel - FAMCUTE series uses 9CR18MOV. A great steel for the everyday use of any chef. With an HRC of 60+/-2 it will take an angled edge and hold it for long enough to help extend the life of your knife (w/ general maintenance). The clad dimple allow for easy food release while slicing or dicing. This blade is great for vegetables, fruits, fish, and meats. [Please refrain from cutting frozen products as this may detriment the knife's edge.]
- Ergonomic Design- Design inspiration are designed to show the special beauty of chef’s knives. While focusing on comfortability, and efficiency for the everyday chef. Blade length is 21.2cm and handle length is 15.3 cm with an overall length of 36.5cm. When a pinch grip is used the blade length is considered “true 8” inch” where the user will be able to maximize maneuverability of the blades cutting edge
- Full of Natural Handles - Is crafted from African rosewood, and is a great compliment to the beauty and comfort to the knife user. The stability of the handle allows the user full manipulation of the blade. This makes for effective use for precision, and endurance cuts. This handle makes mis en plas (food prep) FUN again
- Weight/Balance- The balance point runs heel to spine up the billet. Allowing the user a comfortable grip with precise cuts, and less wear and tear on the users hands. The weight is towards the blade of the knife making for efficient use during rock chopping motion.
- FAMCUTE's PROMISE- Quality is a massive focus of ours products. As a promise to our customers, When you open the package and receive a knife with any quality problems, we will replace it free of charge.
SaleBestseller No. 3
Shun Premier Chef Knife, 6 inch, VG-MAX Steel, Nimble and Lightweight, Handcrafted in Japan
- Premier’s most nimble chef’s knife; perfect for the cooks who enjoy the lightweight nimbleness of a shorter blade while still effectively performing all tasks expected from a chef’s knife
- From slicing, dicing, chopping and making rocking cuts through herbs, this knife will transform time in the kitchen with its quick, agile performance and high degree of control
- Beautifully crafted, contoured, walnut-colored PakkaWood handle rests easily in the hand. The hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting, preventing food build up
- Make prep work fun again with Shun Cutlery - an ordinary task can now be enjoyable again; Shun’s knives are hand-crafted, hand-sharpened and backed by a a strong Japanese heritage
- Excellent, top of the line chef’s knife for any cooking occasion: brunch, date night, Thanksgiving, Christmas, wedding, house party, family dinner, restaurant, birthday party, supper club and more
SaleBestseller No. 4
Shun Sora Chef's Knife, 8 Inch, Cutlery Handcrafted in Japan, VB0706, Black
- The must-have kitchen knife - handcraft in Japan
- Steel: proprietary composite blade technology; VG10 san Mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the San Mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend. Blade Edge - Non-Serrated
- Hand wash only, blade length is 8 inches. Steels are permanently joined
Bestseller No. 5
Shun Premier Block, 5 Piece Cutlery Set, TDMS0512, Brown
- Set contains: 4" Paring knife, 6. 5" Utility, 8" Chef's knife
- Combination honing steel and 6-slot slime line block (DM0845)
- Perfect starting set of the Shun Premier product line
- Combination honing steel
- Slim line block
SaleBestseller No. 6
imarku Chef Knife, Pro Kitchen Knife 8 Inch Chef's Knives High Carbon German Stainless Steel Sharp Paring Knife with Ergonomic Handle
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle-To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
- Ultra-sharp edge-Sharpness is key to achieving the best cuts and this is evident in the knife's blade which is quite sharp and will remain this way even after tough tasks such as cutting tough meat or removing flesh from bones. The sharpness is further boosted by use of the latest German engineering
- Corrosion and stainless blade-In addition to carbon, 16-18% chrome is also included in the blade's metal composition. This gives its a glossy finish which will not tarnish even after using it for a long time
SaleBestseller No. 7
Shun Classic Blonde 8” Chef's Knife, Blonde PakkaWood Handle, Full Tang VG-MAX Blade
- With a high-carbon VG-MAX steel cutting core and 34 layers of Damascus cladding, the do-it-all Shun Classic Blonde Chef's Knife is a cut above typical French kitchen knives.
- The beautifully modern, D-shaped, blonde PakkaWood handle encases the full composite tang blade for balance, reducing unwanted rotation and improving grip for right and left-handed chefs alike.
- The shape of a traditional Western chef knife with the profile and lightweight design of a Japanese knife provides added endurance, exquisite cutting power, and easy rocking, mincing, slicing and dicing.
- Handcrafted in Japan, this kitchen knife is ground and honed to a razor sharp 16-degree edge out of the box. It’s balanced immediately forward of the bolster like most Shun knives for superior handling.
- Santoku, nakiri, boning, slicing, or steak – Shun blades glide through food when used in a back-and-forth or rocking motion that applies some force parallel to what's being cut, letting the edge do the work.
SaleBestseller No. 8
Gyuto Chef’s Knife, 8 inch Japanese Chef Knife 3 layers 9CR18MOV Clad Steel Japanese Kitchen Knife , Alloy Steel Gyuto Knife, Sushi Knife for Kitchen/Restaurant, Octagonal Handle, Gift Box
- [Alloy Steel]:This chef knife made by 3 layers 9CR18MOV Clad Steel. A great steel for the everyday use of any chef. With an HRC of 60+/-2 it will take an angled edge and hold it for long enough to help extend the life of your knife.
- [Handle Design]:The handle of this chef's knife is octagonal.Design inspiration are designed to show the special beauty of chef knives.It provides comfortable grip, not easy to slip, sturdy and labor-saving.
- [Professional Quality]:This chef knife features supreme sharpness, long-term durability and incredible edge retention.Precision forged construction for better strength and durability. The composite process makes the whole knife more distinctive and highlights the professional identity of the chef.
- [Multifunctional Knife]:This chef knife is good for mincing, slicing, and dicing fruit, meat, fish and vegetables in the kitchen because of excellent performance.
- [Our promise]:As a promise to our customers, we will replace it free of charge when you open the package and receive a knife with any quality problems.
SaleBestseller No. 9
Shun Classic 7” Hollow-Ground Santoku All-Purpose Kitchen Knife; VG-MAX Blade Steel and Ebony PakkaWood Handle; Hollow-Ground Indentations for Reduced Friction and Smoother Cuts; Handcrafted in Japan
- Making meal prep faster, this all-purpose knife is excellent at chopping, dicing and slicing ingredients such as fruits, vegetables and meats; a reliable and versatile knife for any kitchen
- Shun’s VG-MAX steel is an innovative and exclusive formula with extra carbon, cobalt, tungsten, vanadium and chromium for increased strength, durability, sharpness and corrosion resistance
- The ebony PakkaWood handle is designed for comfort and control; PakkaWood is a genuine hardwood infused with resin, resulting in a water-resistant and durable finish
- With its easy, powerful glide, the Shun Classic 7-inch Santoku makes meal prep enjoyable whether for holidays, supper club, family dinners, date nights, girls’ nights or block parties
- The Damascus-clad blade is formed by layering various metal alloys and forging them into a solid piece; bead-blasting reveals the rippling pattern of the layers for a beautiful effect
Bestseller No. 10
DALSTRONG Chef Knife - 8" - Shadow Black Series - Black Titanium Nitride Coated - High Carbon - 7CR17MOV-X Vacuum Treated Steel- Sheath - NSF Certified
- Menacing Design, Exceptional Craftsmanship: Designed from the ground up to be as sleek, aggressive and muscular looking as they are effective, the Dalstrong Shadow Black Series stands out from the pack. They’re not simply cutting-edge, high-performance tools; they're a statement about who you are and your unique sense of style as a chef.
- Astonishing Performance: A ruthlessly sharp scalpel-like edge is hand finished by expert bladesmiths to 15° per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness and flexibility. Each Shadow Black Series blade receives a Titanium Nitride non-reflective coating, improving robustness, corrosion resistance and enhancing non-stick properties. Crafted from a single piece of steel, each hand polished blade is full-tang for maximum durability.
- Striking angles, Life-Long Durability: A midnight black ergonomic, fiber-resin and military grade G10 handle is nearly impervious to heat, cold and moisture. The handle geometry is uniquely designed to tuck snuggly into your palm, giving you a firm grasp regardless of the grip style you use. A hand-polished spine is smooth and comfortable to the touch while the G10 handle is slightly textured to provide anti-slip properties.
- Dalstrong Shadow Black Series Power: Featuring high-carbon 7CR17MOV-X super-steel with an added vacuum heat treatment at 58+ HRC which allows for extraordinary performance and edge retention. Unforgettable styling, sophistication and functionality, sure to turn heads in any kitchen. Each blade comes with a matching black space-saving sheath. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why over 250,000 chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Dalstrong luxury gift box packaging make Dalstrong knives an excellent gift for yourself or others. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!